Brutally Honest - A Perspective Jaded by Hollow Promise


Hello again. Please, allow me to preface. This is being as pointed as I can (I'm feeling quite pointed over the recent intrusions into my life by do gooders, a concept well studied by Alan Watts.) while still communicating lucidly. My intent is to provoke emotions. Not to the point of one shutting down in rage or personal offense. But to the extent necessary to shuffle the deck. I would recommend everyone play 52 pickup as often as possible. I seek to knock as many cards out of the hands of others as I can, in an attempt to show the fact that we can re-order the deck as we please. If you are bristling at the imposition of such a motivation Dear Reader, why? If I might play the narrator for you a moment, you are at a fork in the road. To the left is frustration, with my self righteous poking and opinion defaming opinions being just that. To the right, is an earnest attempt to Be. To exist. To express what I consider to be a long and rigorously acquired taste for freedom. For faith in others. And for my own urge to hold on. ;)


Compelled voting is like the church telling everyone they will burn in hell if they don't say the magic words or get baptized. It is religious fervor that everyone pressures others to vote with. Voting is sanctioning the circus. The lesser of two evils theorem is a psychological justification process, a form of coping mechanism that allows individuals to believe they are doing the "right thing", because they cant accept the burden of being themselves without some socially agreed upon good deed box being checked every now and then. It's usually 4 years, but weve been doing some extra self loathing lately, and technology let's us watch it happen, like someone unfolding their shadow in psychotherapy. It is loud, it is ugly, and it is in "real" time. It is an accelerating cycle we engage with to be very honest. Vote, wear a mask, profess your support of something over social media, it is all the same thing, when you strip away the context of the story the virtue is sold within. We do the "virtuous thing" or "right thing" for the sake of feeling better about ourselves. Not creating real change. Belief in parties is just fertile soil for lazy opinions and faith in the works of other men. What is the qualitative utility of parties? 


I would imagine you had a hard time coming up with a substantial answer (that isnt about your smarts, you just can't put lipstick on partied up pigs). Parties are so the group of people that seem most like you can tell you what you think. Those who find themselves sat with the moral imposition to participate in the coercion of their fellow man to vote, do not encourage or help anyone to get any more freedom. If you find yourself encouraging others to vote, I encourage you to find a less shameful activity for yourself.


I say that because I love you. It is a lowly thing to participate in, coercion. Freedom from oppression is what we are seeking right? Is that not the point of government? To free us from the shackles of our own human nature? I must ask, how can oppression bring about less oppression? "How could genetically unregenerative people, decide what genetically generative people might be." -Alan Watts. How could faulty human nature create a system that transcends its own faulty nature? If human nature is wrong, would the systems it creates not be inescapably wrong as well? You might think to yourself, well I don't believe that human nature is wrong. I would argue that your insistence that government is good, implies that humans are not. Governments are set up on the predication that we are all a bunch of hopeless and irresponsible chimps. Do you think I am being extreme, exaggerated or unrealistic when I say that? Making large jumps? In order for us to transcend any meaningless suffering or oppression, our systems of existence must be based on faith in human nature. Not the images we create of what should be. Even if the answer to our hopelessness is God's will, we must still have faith in our own ability to do God's bidding. We cannot escape the fact that we ultimately decide everything for ourselves. If you believe something from an accredited institution, it is always still your opinion to believe that they are right. This opinion to trust certain other people usually is supported when the group you are trusting has what seems like success. Sometimes groups can be large enough to convince others that their methods are fruitful, without actually producing any fruit. That leaves us in a very funny conundrum. Did we not create the government to keep us rascals in line? But the government is inhabited by, and built out of us rascals! We trade church for state for science in an attempt to escape the implication of divinity that we are. The holding on to the structure that was never really there to begin with that we do in the voting process, is a well dressed form of mass hysteria. It can be hysterical to realize that, until someone comes knocking at your door coercing you to vote, or some instagram page determines they are the arbiter of how people should participate in culture. Oh, to navigate the sharp corners of the first world. Too much luxury sends us on witch hunts. And for that, the Salem victims thank you. I am here to burn the false images, and leave the people alone. 


Death Angels are beautiful with white gills. They liquify organs if ingested. Auto-cannabalism of the cells. 


Beware, of virtue.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handwritten Letter to the Soul